- Cover of the April Fair in Seville 2023
- Friends of Gines, they already have a roundabout with their name
- Noiseless days on Hell Street. Sevilla's fair
- Special lighting day show Sevilla Fair 2022
- Bus schedules of the Metropolitan Consortium for the Seville Fair.
- New traffic lights with a flamenco and a guitarist in the surroundings of the Real de la Feria and the Real Maestranza
- Cover of the April Fair in Seville 2022
- Guided tours for tourists at the Fair 2022
- Parking April Fair in Seville 2022
- How to get to the Seville Fair? Car, motion, bus or bike. It's up to you.
Cover of the April Fair in Seville 2023
The Delegation of Major Festivals of the Seville City Council presented yesterday 13 June 2022 the winning design of the contest for the Cover of the April Fair of 2023. The chosen design was the one presented by the technical architect Gregory Stephen called Longing night and day.
The design of the cover of the April Fair in Seville 2023 is inspired by two regionalist buildings: Spain Square, work of the architect Aníbal González y Álvarez-Ossorio and the Coliseum Theater Spain, work of the architects José and Aurelio Gómez Millán.
This year the competition and the choice of design have been brought forward to streamline the entire administrative process for the construction of this ephemeral structure., Improving the deadlines for the development of the project.
The structure will have a dimension 46 meters wide 38 meters high.
the first visual impression of the cover does not make it easy in principle, recognize the buildings taken as the basis of the design, since the author has tried to avoid reproducing a mere elevation. Equally, faithfully reproducing the color of the characteristic face brick so typical of regionalism and adopting the criterion of using colors typical of the fair is ruled out, how are the ocher of the albero, the mocking red, mainly blue and white.
Reference data for the cover of the April Fair in Seville 2023:
- From the Plaza of Spain, the author has opted to use one of the architectural elements that most characterize it, the archery of basket-handle arches that is repeated without solution of continuity between the towers and the gates of the different historical kingdoms. with five bows, It occupies the first body of the portal located between the two lateral bastions, looking for that repetition of arches so striking in the Plaza de España.
- A second body of windows is inserted, these belong to the Teatro Coliseo Spain, which is finished off with a third central body that is inspired by the upper finish of the Puerta de Castilla y León in the Plaza de España. To frame the second body, the typical ceramic balustrades that also characterize the Plaza de España are used.
- Regarding the elements inspired by the Teatro Coliseo España, located on Avenida de la Constitución, The facades to this road and to Adolfo Rodríguez Jurado street have been taken as a reference for being the most significant in terms of decoration. The windows of the second body of the portal are inspired by those located on the upper floor of the Teatro Coliseo España, between the two viewpoints that finish off the corners of the façade with Adolfo Rodríguez Jurado street; they are formed by pairs of semicircular arches with mullion between pilasters. The decoration of the spandrels of the arches and the pilasters are made of Triana tile painted by the distinguished ceramic painter, Enrique Orce. This decoration is also adapted for the cover of the Fair.
- The side bastions are inspired by the viewpoints on the corners of the main façade on Adolfo Rodriguez Street.. They are sufficiently transformed to get the idea of typical towers of fair covers. The lateral bastions are divided into three bodies, one first that welcomes one of the characteristic elements of regionalism, window with Sevillian wrought iron grille. The second body houses another of the characteristic elements of regionalism and the Teatro Coliseo, the ceramic tile canvases painted by Enrique Orce, containing the coat of arms of the city of Seville and the coat of arms of Ildefonso Marañón, wealthy banker who financed the construction of the Theater. In the adaptation of the cover, the coat of arms of Seville and the NO-MADEJA-DO with the Fair's own decoration have been used..
- The third body is the one that represents the viewpoints of the corners, covered by ceramic tile in blue and white colors on hipped or pavilion roof, so typical of regionalism. The set of the portal is harmonized with a frieze of metopes to frame the basket-handle arches, giving it continuity to the surrounding bastions and highlighting it with the color burladero red. To enhance the viewpoint of the bastion, a transition is made with a cantilevered eaves as a roof.
Further details on the cover of the April Fair in Seville to be held of 23 to the 29 April 2023:
two lateral ones of smaller dimension and one central: 6 m
two lateral ones of smaller dimension and one central: 38 m
Front occupying: 46 m
tube structure 42-48 mm: 35.000 m
Number of bulbs: 25.000 two lateral ones of smaller dimension and one central
Mounting hours: 16.500
Surely you've been surprised to read this little word, that belongs to you-no doubt quepis- the particular dictionary Seville, but comes from “The Lighting”, light verb.
It really is something like “Chupinazo” in the San Fermin, represents beginning of the April Fair Seville and is the highest authority of the city, our mayor, press a little button and little by little they are lighting the 24.000 Home Light Bulbs. Gradually be completely illuminating the Real, lighting all the bulbs that are in the Real de la Feria. The Fair is completely shines… and hence what the “alumbrao”.